Community Advisory Committee
East County SELPA
Parents and Professionals working together to assure quality educational
opportunities for students with special needs
What is the Community Advisory Committee (CAC)?
An organization of parents, professionals and community members working together to advise the school districts in the East County SELPA (Special Education Local Plan Area) on matters concerning students with exceptional needs. The committee concerns itself with the development of the Local Special Education Plan and providing and supporting parent education. Anyone working, living, or doing business within the SELPA region can be meaningfully involved in the planning, business, or outreach activities.
Your involvement can range from attending a presentation on a topic of interest to becoming an appointed member with a leadership role. Benefits of participation can include:
- Increased contact with other parents
- Exposure to new information and developing new skills
- Opportunities to interact with educators and other professionals
- Greater awareness of school and community resources
- Potential to impact special education policy and legislation
- Making everyone better advocates for students with special challenges
2017-2018 CAC Schedule
|Monday, September 18, 2017
|Monday, November 13, 2017
|Saturday, December 2, 2017
||10 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
|Monday, February 26, 2018
|Monday, March 12, 2018
|Monday, May 14, 2018
All events will be help at 924 East Main Street, El Cajon. Childcare and translation may be provided, please call 619-590-3920 to make your request in advance.