School Site Council
What is SSC?
SCC is “A unique school-level group that is charged with improving academic achievement through the compliant and efficient use of selected categorical funds” including Title I and Title III. SSC also helps to develop and monitor a comprehensive Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA).
Education should be a joint effort between students, parents, teachers, administrators, and other school staff whose common goal is the success of every student.
Functions of a SSC
- Develop and Monitor a comprehensive Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)
- Continuous Planning, monitoring, revision, and review of effectiveness
- Including budgets and expenditures for strategies and actions in the SPSA
- Ensure that the SPSA is in compliance with all consolidated application funding requirements, and those of other funds requiring involvement of the Student Site Council
Responsibilities of SSC and SSC Members
- Attend meetings regularly; share information with others you represent
- Analyze the academic achievement of students at the school, including sub-groups, to determine priorities and area of focus
- Work with school advisory groups (EL, GATE, Title I, SPED) regarding development/revision of the SPSA
- Also obtain input from school stakeholders (PLCs, Leadership Team, Classified Staff, Counselors, etc.)
Meetings will be held on selected Tuesdays from 3:15pm-4:00pm in the Dehesa Conference Room: 11/8/16, 12/13/16, 1/10/17, 3/14/17, 4/14/17, and 5/9/17. Free student care from 3:15pm to 4:00pm on the listed dates will be available for Dehesa students of SSC parents/guardians.